How to Change the Licence key of your Microsoft Office 2007 installation:
You might find yourself in the position of having to alter or change your Microsoft Office 2007 product license key or volume license key (VLK) which is also known as the serial number or CD key.
This can be done by first uninstalling or removing Microsoft Office 2007 and then reinstalling the business productivity suite. However, by following the steps below you can reset and change the Microsoft Office 2007 product license key without the need to uninstall or reinstall any Office 2007 system suites.
Please Note: The following steps involve the modification of your registry key values, this may corrupt your Windows Installation if done incorrectly. It is ALWAYS advisable to Backup your registry first before performing any workaround. If you're unsure of how to back up your registry please see: How to Back Up your Registry.
1. Close all Microsoft Office programs.
2. Click on the Start button, then click on Run.
3. Type “regedit” (without quotes) in the Run text box, and click OK or press Enter.
4. Locate and then click on the following subkey:
Inside, you will find another subkey that resembles the following subkey:
TIP: For users with a 64-bit (x64) Windows installation, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\12.0 instead.
5. Optional: Backup this registry branch by exporting the Registration subkey to a file, just in case the new product key does not work and you have to restore the old product key. To export the registry, right click on the Registration subkey and click on Export, then follow the on-screen prompt to enter a file name for the registry file and to choose a location to store it in.
6. Under the Registration subkey there may be several Globally Unique Identifiers (GUID) subkeys that contain a combination of alphanumeric characters. Each GUID is specific to a program that is installed on your computer.
If you find additional subkeys that reference your Microsoft 12.0 registration, then click and open each GUID subkey to view and identify the Office product version by the ProductName registry entry in the right pane. For example:
ProductName=Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
7. After you find the GUID subkey that contains the Office product or program that you want to remove the existing product license key or registration details from, delete the following registry entries by right clicking on the registry entry in the GUID subkey, click Delete, and then click Yes:
8. Exit Registry Editor.
9. Run or open an Office application program, such as Microsoft Word or Excel or Outlook. Office 2007 will prompt you to enter a new 25-character product key.
10. Type in the valid and genuine product key, and then click OK.
11. Then when prompted to choose your preferred type of Microsoft Office 2007 installation, click “Install Now”.
12. Microsoft Office 2007 will be updated with the new product CD key or volume license key, and will be ready for activation (if it’s a non-VLK serial) or use.
Note: If you’re having problem with your new Office 2007 product key, simply double click on the backup registry .reg file created at the optional step above to restore the registry settings of the Registration subkey so that the original value can be imported back to the registry.
This 2007 Microsoft Office System product key workaround and step-by-step guide tutorial is applicable to:
Microsoft Office Basic 2007 all editions and all individual programs or suites of Microsoft Office 2007 including:
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007; Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007; Microsoft Office Professional 2007; Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007; Microsoft Office Standard 2007; Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007; Microsoft Office Access 2007; Microsoft Office Excel 2007; Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007; Microsoft Office OneNote 2007; Microsoft Office Outlook 2007; Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007; Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007; Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007; Microsoft Office Publisher 2007; Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007; Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007; Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007; and Microsoft Office Word 2007.
- Network Status
- Contact Us